Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Black Lumberjack

Tonya curled up into a ball on the floor in her room and cried. She wondered why she even returned to see The Mayor.She was just so tired of running. It seemed that The Mayor wouldn't stop looking for her. She had to constantly worry about Black Lumberjack's and her safety.
Yesterday, while Black Lumberjack was away on a logging trip she called The Mayor and told him that she needed to see him, because she thought that she could convince The Mayor to stop looking for her and to let her move on with her life. She quickly found out however, that there was no reasoning with him. She tried to tell The Mayor about her love for the Black Lumberjack, with hopes that he would let her be. However this just infuriated him.

"I knew that you'd come crawling back to me." The Mayor snarled as Tonya entered into the room.

"I'm not coming back to you, I want you to let me live my life, and to stop harassing us!"

"So, you think you're in love with this Lumberjack?!" The Mayor asked Tonya, his back facing her.
"You want to live the rest of your life with this Lumberjack?!" The Mayor's voice rose with each question.

Tonya didn't back down.

"Yes, I love him!" She yelled back. "I want you to leave us the hell alone!"

The Mayor laughed, and turned around to face Tonya. He then proceeded to smack Tonya across her face.
"You have, and always will belong to me! If you ever try to leave me or get in touch with this Lumberjack again...I'll find him and kill him!"

"Please no!" Tonya sobbed. "Please don't hurt him; I'll do whatever you want!"

"You can start by putting this on!" He threw a dress at her.
"You're working tonight!" "Now get out of my sight!"
"Frank, show our old guest to her room!"

One of the Mayor's men then proceeded to take Tonya to where the other girls were staying.

Not wanting to risk Black Lumberjack's life, Tonya didn't risk calling him for over a month. She knew that The Mayor's patience with her was running thin, and so was her time. She had to call him soon. She overheard The Mayor's men telling him that the Lumberjack moved to the city and was asking a lot of questions around town about her whereabouts. This was all Tonya needed to hear. She snuck into the only room she knew had a phone...The Mayor's. She was able to get Black Lumberjack's number from the operator and dialed.

"Hello?... Baby it's me."
"I can't talk now, but I'm okay."
Suddenly the door opened and Mayor walked into the room.
"I can't...Click..."
Mayor hung up the phone...

2 comments:

Evan said...

She had it comin'.

Scoper said...

Casting The Mayor in the BLJ movie... Christopher Walken or Willem Dafoe.