Saturday, August 8, 2009

Northbound



There is nothing like drinking water from a natural source. It gives you a deep connection with the environment because you rely on it and must find it. Most years water is prevalent all along the AT but some years drought makes water reliability scary. Water is not hard to come by in Spring. Rain flow merges with the occasional spring to wet the nooks and crannies of the hills and valleys. You can hear it well before you reach it and it is music to the ears. Some might say that water has no taste but I'll argue that the cold water you find in the back country is mostly delicious.

2 comments:

IBerg said...

Man it sucks that Fresh Nuggets is going away. It was a wonderful Idea. Work screws everything up! If I wasn't addicted to food and shelter I wouldn't need it at all!

I am looking forward to the new sites thought. As soon as you guys post the details, I will be adding them to my follow list.

Matt said...

It remains to be seen if this will last but at the present the ban has been lifted. - Matt